Take your teaching to the next level by learning how to use ballet barre, Pilates mat, yoga, and strength moves in your classes (and with your private clients)!
This entire training may be taken VIRTUALLY! See below for details.
2020 Dates & Times:
Friday, July 17: 5pm – 9pm
Saturday, July 18: 10am – 6pm
Sunday, July 19: 10am – 6pm
VIRTUAL times are the same!
Barre Certification Program Details:
Your instructors, Dawn Holst and Elizabeth Silas will guide you through the comprehensive 3-day program where you’ll learn:
- in-depth training and exploration of a full 60-minute class, plus at least another 50 minutes of interchangeable short sequences to mix and match
- how to formulate effective, precise verbal cues
- optimal alignment for key positions and movements
- how to sequence your own creative barre classes or mini-sequences
- fundamental anatomy for cueing and sequencing
- how to modify standard moves to make them accessible to new students (regressions) and harder for experienced students (progressions)
- how to pair music to movement
- ways to inspire students and create community
- observation skills – how to really see and listen to students
- how to offer verbal adjustments (while maintaining physical distancing in person or teaching online)
- making the most of props (and also going without them – teaching barreless barre)
You’ll still get all the live, interactive elements of the training discussions and practice teaching sessions—none of it is pre-recorded! We will email you a PDF of the manual or you can pick up a paper copy at the studio.
This comprehensive course is $595, with $75 early bird discount when registered and paid by July 6, 2020.
If you have questions, please call Dawn at 440-991-7114 or Elizabeth at 513-255-0166.